Scholarship Application Now OPEN
James K. Cole Scholarship
This scholarship was developed in memory of James K. Cole, a Parks and Recreation Professional from the City of Virginia Beach, who was dedicated to the profession. As a memorial to his life’s work, an academic scholarship was established in his name.
Purpose: the scholarship is designed to assist junior, senior and graduate students majoring in the Leisure Service field who can demonstrate a need for financial assistance.
Award: $2,000 towards the cost of undergraduate or graduate education.
· Must have a current grade point average of at least 3.0.
· Must be have achieved sophomore or junior status at time of application or be a graduate student.
· Must be pursuing a major in the Leisure Service Field.
· Must be a resident of the Commonwealth of Virginia at the time of application.
· Must, through follow-up documentation, demonstrate financial need.
Criteria for Selection:
· Past course work in leisure service field.
· Financial need.
· Volunteerism and professional involvement.
· Quality of reference.
The scholarship application period is August 1 – October 15, 2021