To provide an avenue to unite special event and marketing professionals through networking, educational and training opportunities, and VRPS events, while supporting the mission of the Virginia Recreation & Park Society.
Provide diverse trainings and meetings each quarter.
Increase SEMRG membership and member participation annually.
Establish a greater presence within VRPS.
Provide informational and educational resources to members.
SEMRG Leadership Team
Arlana Fauntleroy, CPRP
- August 5, 2020 - The SEMRG Leadership Team plans to collaborate & use our creative brains to higlight and CELEBRATE the accomplishments of our agencies in the Virtual VRPS Annual Conference Awards Presentation - let's make it a P-A-R-T-Y! We're excited for the opportunity and want all of our special event colleagues (and beyond) to help us "hype up" this unique event! More details to come - stay tuned!
- May 5, 2020 - Stay connected with SEMRG. Follow these simple instructions to make sure you never miss an update!
- February 25, 2020 - We have a Facebook Group - SEMRG VRPS - join us!
Upcoming Meetings & Events
SEMRG Fall Planning Chat
August 19, 2020, 10 a.m. (WebEx Platform) - to register, email firstname.lastname@example.org. We'll discuss Fall planning in the midst of COVID-19.
May Quarterly Meeting - Canceled due to COVID-19 Restrictions
May 7, 2020, 10 a.m. (Fredericksburg, VA)
October 5, 2020 (VRPS Virtual Conference)
December 1, 2020, 10 a.m. (Hanover, VA)
Past Meetings & Events
Photo from the Special Events & Marketing Resource Group Meeting
- June 4, 2019 in Henrico, VA - Special Thank You to all who were able to attend - see you soon!
Photo from the SEMRG Quarterly Meeting & Roundtable
- January 23, 2020 in Henrico, VA - professionals gathered to discuss current trends and challenges in special events and marketing.
- Check out the SEMRG article in the VRPS Magazine article (page 10).