GENERAL DEFINITIONS OF WORK:
This individual provides daily academic support and enrichment activities to promote success in school, community and life for supervised participants. This position works under the regular supervision of the Parks and Recreation Director.
- Creates and implements weekly lesson plans to include enrichment and educational activities, crafts, games and sports
- Monitor youth and respond to incidents, such as behavioral problems or accidents
- Supervises assistant site leaders and participants
- Discuss concerns with parents if necessary
- Log events and maintain records relating to activities
- May be responsible for keeping scorebooks, operate game clocks and serve on athletic chain crew for various indoor and outdoor athletic events.
- Establish and maintain a professional rapport with participants, parents and administrators
- Performs other duties as assigned
REQUIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, and ABILITIES:
· Demonstrated ability to provide the highest level of customer service.
· Possess strong leadership skills
· Able to communicate effectively and establish and maintain effective working relationships with the public and staff.
· Requires general knowledge of childhood development
· Be positive, proactive, and caring while focusing on providing a fun, safe out-of-school time experience
· Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends.
· Some knowledge of the philosophy and objectives of community recreation
· Ability to obtain CPR/first aid certification
· Ability to work in an outdoor environment
· Excellent verbal and written skills.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
· High school diploma or GED and two years’ experience working with youth
· This is medium work requiring the exertion of 50 pounds of force occasionally, up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects, and some heavy work requiring the exertion of 100 pounds of force occasionally, up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects; work requires climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crawling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, and grasping
· Possession of an appropriate driver’s license issued in the Commonwealth of Virginia
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $10.00 - $12.00 per hour
- working with youth: 2 years (Required)
- Multiple locations
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly
- Monday to Friday
Company's Facebook page:
Two years’ experience working with youth