Performs difficult technical and administrative work in planning, supervising, implementing and assisting in the direction of County-wide specialized recreation programs (i.e., weekly summer camps and related activities) primarily targeted for elementary and middle school aged children. May exercise supervision over part-time staff, volunteers, and activity participants.
- Assists with the development, planning, implementation, and evaluation of recreation programs for assigned populations;
- Engages in problem-solving activities as needed;
- Assists with activity organization, procurement of materials and supplies, recruitment of participants, preparation and distribution of promotional information, and securing community support;
- Assists with preparing and implementing budget recommendations for activities as assigned;
- Prepares and maintains program documentation as required by the Parks & Recreation Department;
- Assists with inventory management for the Division as needed;
- Produces activity reports and other reports and projects as needed;
- May operate a County vehicle; and,
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Must apply online at www.fcva.us/jobs before the 9/3/21 deadline.
Knowledge of community first aid and safety with Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR), and Medication Administration Training (MAT). Knowledge of computer programs such as Excel, Word, Outlook, and the ability to learn RecTrac system.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
Thorough knowledge and use of recreation principles and practices of professional recreation work;
Thorough knowledge of various leisure needs of youth populations;
Ability to provide leadership to various groups;
Ability to act independently and make appropriate decisions;
Ability to present ideas effectively both orally and in writing; and,
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, other government agencies, program participants and the general public and possess excellent telephone etiquette.
Certifications and Licenses:
Must possess and maintain a valid Driver's License with a minimum of two (2) years of driving experience after issuance of license;
Minimum age of 21 years at the time of application; and,
Medication Administration Training (MAT) Certified.
Full benefits package included.