Examples of Duties
- Coordinates, recruits, supervises and evaluates volunteers, instructors, and part-time/seasonal employees.
- Creates, maintains, and updates automated databases and other files.
- Develops, distributes, and files correspondence, reports, and other documents.
- Conducts organizational meetings and registrations.
- Assists with program evaluation.
- Assists with program publicity and marketing.
- Ensures that fields and gyms are ready for team and league play.
- Inventories supplies/equipment and maintains proper storage.
- Addresses inquiries and complaints and resolves problems.
- Develops flyers, catalogs, Public Service Announcements, and news releases for the department.
- Strong computer/clerical skills required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Physical Demands & Work Environment
The work requires some physical exertion such as long periods of standing; walking over rough or difficult surfaces; recurring stooping, climbing or walking; recurring lifting of moderately heavy items weighing less than 25 pounds and may require occasional lifting of objects weighing in excess of 25 pounds. The work may require specific, but common physical characteristics and abilities such as mobility and dexterity.
The work involves moderate risks or discomforts which require special safety precautions. The employee may be required to use protective clothing or equipment such as masks, coats, boots, goggles, gloves, or shield.
Education & Experience
High School diploma and seven to ten years directly related experience or Two years of college or Associate's Degree and two to less than five years directly related experience or A Bachelor's Degree and less than two years directly related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must have general knowledge of sports, recreational resources, and program planning.
Individual must have strong organizational and customer service skills.
General knowledge of administrative practices, procedures, and equipment.
General knowledge of and experience with computers and Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
Knowledge and experience in: scheduling and evaluating activities and events; and supervising staff and contractors.
Individual must have excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, with frequent interruptions while remaining organized and accurate; be highly professional, and able to occasionally work weekend and/or evening hours.
Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
Ability to work a flexible work schedule, including evenings and weekends.
Valid Virginia driver's license.
Successfully complete a pre-employment medical screening and criminal background check.
Full-time employee benefits include:
Paid holiday, sick and vacation leave
Group Health Insurance
Short-term Disability Plan
Group Life Insurance
Retirement (Virginia Retirement System)
457 Deferred Compensation Plan
Direct Deposit to most financial institutions
Virginia Credit Union enrollment