- Recruits and selects contracted instructors.
- Supervises contracted instructors.
- Registers participants, prepares rosters for staff and instructors.
- Serves as the backup for facility reservations, and deposits.
- Processes instructor payments, refunds, and reports as needed.
- Creates Program specific marketing.
- Each Recreation Coordinator may be responsible for one or more of the following tasks:
- Develops and implements the Department's summer camp programming.
- Coordinates active and wellness programs for all ages.
- Coordinates cultural programs and events for all ages.
- Coordinates Active Adult programs.
- Coordinates Preschool programs.
- Coordinates Therapeutic Recreation programs.
- Coordinates Department's Basketball League.
- Coordinates School age programs.
- Coordinates Counselor in Training program
- Evaluates programs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree in Recreation or a related field is required, plus one to two years of experience in Recreation or a related field. Any equivalent combination of experience, training, and education which demonstrates the required knowledge, skills, and abilities will be considered. Certified Parks and Recreation Professional desired.
Background check and pre-employment drug screen required.
Goochland County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.