The Parks and Recreation Aide IV – Fitness & Wellness ($11.65 per hour) duties will include but not be limited to:
- Assist in opening and closing facilities
- Assist with coaching and mentoring part time staff and volunteers
- Engage guests in promoting healthy lifestyles, improving physical and mental well- being, through integration of varied recreational programs.
- Staff, set up and break down, monitor weight room and fitness areas for programs and coverage from open to close.
- Assist other fitness team members such as personal trainers and fitness instructors with planning, coordinating, implementing, training, supervising and evaluating programs and services for youth, adults and seniors in park and multi-use recreation settings.
- Assist in preparing monthly statistical data for budgetary and programming purposes.
- Collaborate with other departmental units to optimize program offerings.
- Actively promote departmental programs and services.
- Perform other job duties requiring skills, knowledge and physical requirements as demanded by those duties described or less. Individual assignments will be determined by the supervisor based on the current workloads and department needs.
MINIMUM: High school or GED plus one (1) year related experience or any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Some locations may require a current and valid Virginia or North Carolina driver’s license in accordance with Virginia or North Carolina DMV driver’s license eligibility requirements.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS: Required to serve as a First Responder, will need to complete certification within 30 days of employment.
All employees may be expected to work hours in excess of their normally scheduled hours in response to short- term department needs and/or City-wide emergencies including weekends, evenings and holidays.
Varied hours, early mornings, nights, and weekends required.
We will be hiring for various Community Center Locations from this pool of applicants.
Primarily the work schedule could include:
Monday – Friday
Early mornings opening shifts 4:30 a.m. - 8:30 a.m. and evening closing shifts 5:00 p.m.-9:30 pm.
Varied weekend shifts.
Approximately 20 hours per week
The individual selected for this position will be housed at a primary site but may be scheduled between other sites/facilities. Schedules may be adjusted in support of events, facility coverage, and weather.
P&R is dedicated to promoting healthy lifestyles and protecting our environment. We ensure all residents – regardless of their physical, social, and economic circumstances – can access our programs. As a department, we strive to enhance the quality of life for our community by improving the physical and mental well-being of our residents.
Assistance with some certifications as required by position
Training/Mentoring for career advancement
Varied Paid Holidays
Paid Time Off
Beach Municipal Federal Credit Union exclusively for City employees and their dependents
Deferred Compensation Plans
Employee Assistance Program
Maternity/Paternity/Parental Care Leave