The Parks and Recreation Aide III ($10.53 per hour) duties will include but not be limited to:
- Provide customer service and enforce rules and regulations
- Lead/instruct/officiate sport activities
- Individual will work consistently in an outdoor environment in various weather conditions
- Assist with and/or manage sporting/special event participation
- Perform housekeeping/custodial duties including cleaning all parts of the public restrooms and emptying trash cans
- Perform athletic field set up/breakdown and maintenance
- Serve as a mentor for interns, volunteers and new employees.
- Perform other job duties requiring skills, knowledge and physical requirements as demanded by those duties described or less. Individual assignments will be determined by the supervisor based on then current workloads and department needs.
MINIMUM: High school or GED plus six (6) months related experience or any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities. Some positions may require a current and valid Virginia or North Carolina drivers license in accordance with Virginia or North Carolina DMV drivers license eligibility requirements.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS: Varied hours, nights, weekends and some holidays required. All employees may be expected to work hours in excess of their normally scheduled hours in response to short-term department needs and/or City-wide emergencies.
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS: The individual selected for this position will be housed at a primary site but may be scheduled between other sites/facilities. Schedules can be adjusted seasonally and will vary weekly based on programs, events, facility coverage, and weather. Maximum scheduled hours up to 27 hours per week.
Shifts may begin as early as 6:00 am.
Shifts can end as late as 11:30 pm.
Many of the currently scheduled events occur on weeknights, weekends and or including holidays. Work hours vary depending on events and seasonal athletic programs.
P&R is dedicated to promoting healthy lifestyles and protecting our environment. We ensure all residents – regardless of their physical, social, and economic circumstances – can access our programs. As a department, we strive to enhance the quality of life for our community by improving the physical and mental well-being of our residents.
Training/Mentoring for career advancement
Varied Paid Holidays
Paid Time Off
Beach Municipal Federal Credit Union exclusively for City employees and their dependents
Deferred Compensation Plans
Employee Assistance Program
Maternity/Paternity/Parental Care Leave