The Parks Supervisor - Maintenance performs a wide variety of tasks in the day-to-day operation, maintenance and patrol of the County Parks and related facilities. Work involves supervising staff, assessing maintenance needs for park equipment, buildings and grounds and scheduling necessary work to ensure parks are safe and properly maintained. Employee observes park usages and makes recommendations for improvements and necessary changes. Reports to the Parks Superintendent.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
1. Plans, schedules, supervises, participates in, and inspects the work of full-time and part-time
staff, volunteers and court appointed workers engaged in park maintenance activities; prepares daily and weekly work assignments; evaluates staff performance; resolves conflicts; assists with training staff; maintains training records; and ensures work assignments and training are completed in a timely manner.
2. Performs and/or supervises general maintenance and safety inspection of parks, play and maintenance equipment and recreational facilities; assists with maintenance and repairs to public boat landings as directed; incorporates work tasks into daily, weekly and seasonal maintenance calendars; processes work orders for more complicated maintenance needs; maintains safety and inspection records; provides weekly reports, tracks repairs and ensures completion of tasks. Purchases general supplies; maintains tool and equipment inventory; and inventories and orders stock of custodial supplies.
3. Ensures that state and federal laws for record keeping are followed for land disturbance, fertilizer applications, erosion control, etc.; ensures Safety Data Sheets are up to date and available to staff.
4. Monitors park use and reservation schedules; communicates with user groups to determine needs and coordinate scheduled use; sets up and takes down tents, stages and other equipment for events; and assists with preparing parks and fields for general use, athletic play and special events.
5. Performs a variety of duties associated with the daily custodial maintenance of park areas and facilities; collects debris in parks, athletic fields, floral display areas, surrounding areas, parking lots, and transports to convenience centers and dumpster sites.
Three to five years experience in park operations and programming, and two years of supervisory experience or any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.