Loudoun County Parks, Recreation and Community Services (PRCS) is a team of talented professionals, driven by results and customer relationships, and committed to excellence. The effective delivery of programs and community services can provide social, personal, economic, and environmental benefits to last a lifetime. Be a part of something that matters!
PRCS - Creating Community through People, Parks and Programs
The Department of Parks, Recreation & Community Services is seeking qualified candidates for the Park Manager position at the Hal and Berni Hanson Regional Park located in Leesburg, VA, near Independence High School and just 45 minutes from the Maryland state line. The Hal and Berni Hanson Regional Park is a brand-new state of the art park featuring 17 lighted athletic fields, an event center, nature center, playgrounds, disc golf course, and more! The new 257-acre park will offer a wide variety of programs to serve the community.
As Park Manager of Hal and Berni Hanson Park, you will oversee the management, customer service provision, and planning and implementation of programs and special events. Strong communication and customer service skills are essential.
Job duties include:
- Oversee day-to-day park operations including diverse programming, revenue generation, and high quality customer service
- Manage staff work schedules and ensure staff records and reports are complete; provide training and oversight of staff
- Create overall maintenance plan and oversee maintenance supervisor
- Manage budget and review financial reports
- Recruit, hire, and supervise full-time, part-time, and temporary staff
- Create press releases and marketing materials for programs and special events
Work schedule varies and will include early mornings, days, evenings and weekends to meet park needs. Must be able to lift 50lbs. Loudoun County Regular Full-time Employees are eligible for full benefits including but not limited to the following as a part of a total rewards package!
- Retirement from the Virginia Retirement System (VRS)
- Annual Leave
- Sick Leave
- Annual Paid Holidays
- Group Health Plan
- Group Life Insurance
- Exceptional Performance Recognition
- Credit Union Membership
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Education and Career Development
HIRING RANGE: $57,146.64-$77,147.96 Salary Commensurate with Experience PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Master's degree in related field preferred
- Experience with development and operation of interpretive programs preferred
- Certified Park and Recreation Professional-CPRP preferred
POST CONDITIONAL OFFER CONTIGENCIES
- Criminal background, credit, and DMV record checks are required
3 years' experience in park or recreation management or related field, including previous supervisory experience
Valid Driver's License required
Hold or obtain First Aid/CPR certifications prior to hire or immediately upon hire