James City County Parks & Recreation seeks a Marina Attendant to perform responsible work assisting with the daily operations of the James City County Marina. Work is performed indoors and outdoors, and applicants should be willing to work a flexible schedule, which may include early morning, late evening, weekend, and holiday shifts. This position will be assigned to the James City County Marina, but may be required to work at other park locations as needed. Responsibilities:
- Interacts with the public in person and over the telephone.
- Collects fees for equipment rentals, store merchandise, marina fuel and boat storage, and reconcile revenue with sales receipts to complete end-of-day financial reports.
- Monitors marina activities and educate the public on proper use.
- Maintains the cleanliness of the marina grounds, including picking up litter, emptying trash receptacles, and cleaning restrooms and the bathhouse.
- Performs marina inspections, and minor repairs and maintenance on equipment, grounds and structures.
- Opens and closes the marina and other parks/trails as necessary.
Some work experience which shall have involved assisting the public, general record keeping and handling money.
Depending on area assigned, must possess, or be able to obtain within 30 days of hire, a valid Virginia driver’s license and have an acceptable driving record based on James City County’s criteria.
Must possess, or be able to obtain within 60 days of hire, certification from the American Red Cross in First Aid and Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) for Professional Rescuers (Infant, Adults and Child).
Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service including setting and meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction; automated and manual record keeping.
Skill in use of computer software including Microsoft Office Suite.
Ability to communicate with the public and coworkers in an effective, professional and courteous manner; explain and enforce all policies and rules in an effective manner; operate cash register, general office equipment, word processing equipment and microcomputers as required to accomplish the work assigned; handle money and maintain related fiscal records; maintain moderately complex records; independently apply and carry out policies and procedures within assigned area of responsibility; make mathematical computations with accuracy; follow verbal and written instructions.
Long Term Care Insurance, Funeral Leave, School and Volunteer Leave, Civil Leave, Military Leave, Eleven Paid Holidays, Deferred Compensation, Paid Time Off, Tuition Assistance.