ATTENTION: Our part-time HOURLY RATE INCREASED to $11.30!
Enjoy meeting new people and working outdoors?
Apply online at www.gloucesterva.jobs and join our Park Operations Team.
We are interviewing and hiring NOW!
Examples of Duties
- Participates in various fee collections for equipment and facility rentals, hunting and fishing licenses, and boat and canoe permits; operates cash register; performs accounting, and daily balance of receipts.
- Reserves specific park areas for use by a variety of clubs and organizations or the general public; assist with the preparation areas or buildings prior to event, secures area afterward.
- Assists the public with matters of park usage; registers individuals and groups for park activities; and assists with park programs and maintenance of park displays.
- Performs a variety of duties associated with the daily custodial maintenance of park areas and facilities including grass cutting, cleaning rest rooms, picking up trash, maintaining flowers beds, etc.
- Performs general maintenance and inspection of park grounds, equipment and facilities; reports more complicated maintenance needs to supervisor.
- Assist in patrol of park property to ensure the safety of park visitors as well as to protect the security and integrity of park resources, property and equipment. Patrols on foot, all terrain vehicle, bicycle, boat, or vehicle as needed to best respond to the situation.
- Opens and closes parks and buildings as necessary.
Graduation from high school, and 1 year of experience in park operations/maintenance work preferred; or any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required skills, knowledge and abilities. Customer service and cash handling experience preferred.
CPR and First Aid certification must be maintained while employed by the County.
Employee is required to have a pre-employment, post-offer physical examination. Employee may be subject to subsequent physical examinations to ensure he/she meets job-related physical requirements.
Possession of a valid driver's license; possess and maintain a driving record that meets established Gloucester County Driving Standards.