Performs difficult work in a variety of specialized recreational assignments and assumes responsibility for a major county-wide recreation program as directed. May exercise supervision over subordinate professional, technical, and clerical personnel. Performs related duties as required. Work is performed under the regular supervision of the Operations Superintendent or his/her designee.
- Oversees the operation of the community centers;
- Coordinates custodial, maintenance and repair of facilities;
- Develops section objectives in conjunction with the Superintendent of Recreation and Superintendent of Operations;
- Oversees the scheduling of all facility rentals and reservations;
- Coordinates school facility requests, including financial accountability, and directs special events in the facilities with Program Supervisors;
- Interacts extensively, develops, corresponds, and nurtures alliance with Youth Sports Partners (YSP) groups, school personnel, athletic tournaments, corporate users, and the general public;
- Develops and supervises specialized recreational programs and activities;
- Researches, collects data and prepares reports on a wide range of recreational and related matters;
- Develops and monitors section budget;
- Maintains record of section information including program briefs, revenues and expenditures;
- Assists in the establishment and enforcement of division policies and procedures;
- Interacts with Marketing Manager to plan promotion of section activities, secure donations, sponsorships, etc.;
- Oversees and evaluates full-time, part-time, contractual, and volunteer staff; and,
- Conducts personnel intake procedures and staff orientation.
Full description online at www.fcva.us/jobs.
Must apply online.
Five (5) years of experience in professional community recreation work or any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
Full compensation package provided.