Loudoun County Parks, Recreation and Community Services (PRCS) is a team of talented professionals, driven by results and customer relationships, and committed to excellence. The effective delivery of programs and community services can provide social, personal, economic, and environmental benefits to last a lifetime. Be a part of something that matters!
PRCS- Creating Community through People, Parks and Programs
Loudoun County's Department of Parks, Recreation & Community Services is currently seeking qualified applicants for a Preserve Naturalist position at Banshee Reeks Nature Preserve, located in Leesburg, VA. Banshee Reeks Nature Preserve, a designated Virginia Treasure, is Loudoun County's only nature preserve. The preserve, protected though a conservation easement held with the Virginia Outdoors Foundation, boasts 700 acres of wetlands, waterways, forests, woodlands and savannah grasslands. The facility offers over 20 miles of hiking trails, a catch and release pond, as well as year-round programs and events If you are passionate about nature, have strong organizational and administrative skills, and enjoy working with the public, then Banshee Reeks may be the place for you. Banshee Reeks development of seasonal nature programming and special events require creativity, dedication and a proactive work method. This position requires the Preserve Naturalist to maintain and build effective and professional relationships with staff, the public, and the community.
In addition, this position:
- Creates, develops and manages educational and interpretive programs
- Submits classes and events according to the yearly brochure schedule
- Creates seasonal programming and special events
- Recruits and supervises program instructors, maintains schedules and records for volunteers and participants; and assists with the implementation of classes
- Works with Preserve management on themes for various displays and purchases appropriate educational materials
- Oversees the input of data into automated registration system for all classes, groups and programs, and provides reports at the conclusion of each program season to Preserve Manager
- Develops and/or oversees creation of promotional materials for nature programming
- Maintains an effective and professional relationship with the public and responds to inquiries regarding plants, animals and other natural history matters
- Work hours vary and may include weekdays, weekends and evenings
Post Conditional Offer Contingencies
- Successful candidate will undergo criminal background, DMV and credit checks
- Hold or obtain First Aid/CPR certifications prior to hire or immediately upon hire
- Completion of VMN (VA Master Naturalist program within 1 year)
HIRING RANGE: $23.84-$32.18
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Valid driver's license required
Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs.
Loudoun County Regular Full-time Employees are eligible for full benefits including but not limited to the following as a part of a total rewards package!
Retirement from the Virginia Retirement System (VRS)
Annual Paid Holidays
Group Health Plan
Group Life Insurance
Exceptional Performance Recognition
Credit Union Membership
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)