MOTOR EQUIPMENT OPERATOR I - RESORT duties and responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Individual will operate light and medium duty motor equipment such as pickup trucks, dump trucks with/without trailer, tractor with attachments, turf mowing equipment may be trained for operating heavier equipment
- Assist crews engaged in landscape maintenance and construction, mowing, fertilizing, seeding, and sod installation
- Perform maintenance and repair on turf and irrigation systems
- Establish performance standards
- Perform other job duties requiring skills, knowledge, and physical requirements as demanded by those duties described or less. Individual assignments will be determined by the supervisor based on the current workloads and departmental needs
- Work is performed outside in all weather conditions, including temperature extremes.
- This is an Alpha I position requiring the individual to work during emergencies and storm events to perform vital services such as snow removal, storm damage cleanup, etc. Involves lifting and carrying tools, equipment, and materials weighing 50 lbs. or more.
NOTE: All positions require a Class A Commercial Driver's License, or must obtain within six (6) months of hire.
MINIMUMS: Requires completion of tenth (10th) grade, plus one (1) year of experience in fields providing the required knowledge, skills and abilities, such as motor equipment operation; or any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. Must have, or obtain, a current and valid Virginia or North Carolina driver's license in accordance with Virginia or North Carolina DMV driver's license eligibility requirements.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS: All employees may be expected to work hours in excess of their normally scheduled hours in response to short-term department needs and/or City-wide emergencies. May require a Commercial Driver's license. This position may require that incumbents wear and maintain appropriate personal protective equipment such as, but not limited to, steel toed shoes, safety glasses, gloves, or other designated safety attire and equipment in designated areas of risk. Specific requirements will be determined and communicated by the employee's supervisor based on position assigned. This is a safety sensitive position and is subject to mandatory drug testing and annual exams. Positive drug test results may result in counseling and/or discipline, up to and including, termination. Requires successful completion of a pre-employment physical.
City of Virginia Beach Full Time Employee Benefits