The City of Richmond Department of Parks, Recreation and Community Facilities is seeking highly qualified candidates for the position of Trades Superintendent in the James River Park System. The incumbent is responsible for managing the operations, staff, and special projects of the assigned location.
Duties include but are not limited to
- Providing management level supervision to assigned park system
- Supervising staff including selecting or recommending selection, training, assigning and evaluating work, counseling, disciplining and terminating or recommending termination
- Maintaining inventory of supplies and equipment, inspecting equipment periodically to ensure they meet standard operational protocol
- Performing budgeting and forecasting activities and managing procurement requests
- Performing site visits, inspections, and audits as part of oversight on quality assurance and compliance activities. Working closely with contractors, vendors, City departments, and other agencies to identify and resolve critical issues and coordinate delivery of program services
- Implementing and overseeing major initiatives and programs
- Respond to and resolve citizens’ complaints
- Researching and implementing new maintenance and management programs and methodologies
- Generating daily, monthly, and annual performance report
- Coordinating with relevant state and federal agencies and private resources as necessary for implementation of programs and repairs
**City of Richmond Department of Parks, Recreation and Community Facilities employees who work in this position are considered essential personnel and may be required to work beyond scheduled hours, during inclement weather, and during declared emergencies.**
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Must have Knowledge in some combination of the following: Management practices; Program development and delivery; Plan development; Standard equipment and tools used in area of focus; Contract negotiations and procedures; Reading blueprints and construction drawings; Application process for new permitting; High tension rigging systems; Customer service principles and techniques; Completing forms and understand document workflow; Reading permits to determine the total load and size of the proper regulator. Skills to include computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite; Effective oral/written communication; Customer service; Leadership; Basic trade functions and mechanics; Facility and grounds maintenance; Grant writing and administration; Operating maintenance or construction equipment; Data Management; Visual inspection; Scheduling third-party contractors. With the ability to speak publicly; supervise trade positions; and organize.
• Five (5) or more years of supervisory experience
• Five (5) or more years of experience overseeing special projects and inventory control
• Experience and skill working in rough terrain
• Knowledge of professional trade
With over 4,000 employees, the City of Richmond is an "Employer of Choice" among cities throughout the nation. The City strives to hire and retain employees who bring dedication and talent to the workforce. Offering a competitive, cost effective, and quality benefits package is one element of an "Employer of Choice".
The City offers a full range of benefit programs from initial hire through retirement. Please visit our Web site for details.