James City County’s nationally accredited and gold medal award winning Parks & Recreation Department seeks individuals to perform responsible work ensuring the safety of swimmers, enforcing safety rules, promoting water safety, and maintaining pool areas at the James City County Community Center. Responsibilities:
- Ensure the safety of pool patrons; enforce pool policies, rules, and regulations.
- Perform rescues and provide appropriate care; administers first aid, CPR, defibrillation, and oxygen as needed.
- Measure water chemistry and report results to supervisor.
- Assist in the maintenance and cleaning of pool and pool area.
- Attend staff trainings and meetings.
- Teach swimming lessons.
Some lifeguarding experience preferred
Must possess and maintain the following American Red Cross certifications:
Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
Knowledge of water rescue methods; lifeguarding and first-aid practices and techniques; swimming pool safety; principles and processes for providing customer service including setting and meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
Skill in carrying out water rescues; effective oral and written communications.
Ability to physically perform all American Red Cross Lifeguarding skills; deal courteously but firmly with pool patrons.
Long Term Care Insurance, Funeral Leave, School and Volunteer Leave, Civil Leave, Military Leave, Eleven Paid Holidays, Paid Time Off, Tuition Assistance.