The ideal candidate will have both administrative and strategic responsibilities, helping us to plan and administer important functions, such as staffing, training and development, as well as compensation and benefits. The candidate will assist in developing and executing personnel procedures and policies and providing guidance and interpretation for management. This position also manages the full cycle recruitment process and FMLA administration.
Most of our work is during standard business hours (Monday through Friday 8am-5pm), but during the hiring season, we will all work side by side some Saturdays and evenings in February, March, April and May at hiring events.
ABOUT THIS ROLE:
• Provide personnel policy and procedure guidance to management and employees at all levels.
• Manage FMLA administration as well as our various leave policies and applicable tracking.
• Manage the full cycle recruitment process for benefited positions within the department.
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge of federal and state employment law and compliance requirements.
• Manage and maintain compliance of our pre-employment physical and drug testing procedures.
• Respond to human resources-related inquiries.
• Create and distribute internal communications regarding status changes, benefits, and policies.
• Administer new employee on-boarding and orientation for our Full Time and Part Time Benefitted hires.
• Maintain talent management processes for a variety of employment types.
• Develop effective recruitment strategies for a variety of roles within the department.
• Provide and create specialized training to managers/supervisors on various HR topics.
• Process complaints regarding employee relations issues and assist in any necessary investigations and disciplinary actions.
• Maintain employee personnel records.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WITH:
• Demonstrated knowledge of the human resources field
• Understanding of state and federal employment regulations
• Understanding of personnel and compliance records management
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication abilities
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
High School diploma or G.E.D. and 1 year of related experience
• Bachelor’s degree in human resources, administration, or a related field
• 2-5 years human resources experience
• Experience with HRMS/HRIS systems (Neogov a plus)
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook)
• Bilingual English/Spanish a plus (not required)
SCHEDULE REQUIREMENTS: Standard business hours. Required flexibility during peak summer staff recruitment months, some evenings and weekends.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS: The Department of Parks and Recreation conducts DMV record checks on all licensed employees and criminal background checks on all hires 18 years and older. Fingerprinting may be required.
ENTRY SALARY RANGE: $58,634.00 - $86,428.00/yr.
This is an exempt level position, not eligible for overtime or comp time. We will not hire over midpoint of the scale.
To apply please visit: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/pwcgov/jobs/2899017/human-resources-analyst?keywords=analyst&pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs
Woodbridge, Virginia, 22192
1 year of related experience.