Loudoun County, Virginia, is located approximately 35 miles outside Washington, DC and is recognized as one of the fastest growing counties in the entire United States. Loudoun's thrilling and diverse local economy continues to expand and plays a key role in the Northern Virginia region by participating in regional undertakings including those related to transportation/transit and road infrastructure, parks, mental health, public safety, and economic development.
The Department of Parks, Recreation and Community Services (PRCS) serves the Loudoun County citizens and visitors through a variety of programs, activities, facilities/sites and special events. PRCS is a team of talented professionals, driven by results and customer relationships, and committed to excellence. The effective delivery of programs and community services can provide social, personal, economic, and environmental benefits to last a lifetime. Be a part of something that matters!
PRCS- Creating Community through People, Parks and Programs
Are you looking for a management position in a fast paced environment? Do you enjoy working with a variety of people? Then become part of the Department of Parks, Recreation & Community Services team. We have an immediate opening for a Division Manager, Recreation Centers. The Recreation Center division currently encompasses the Claude Moore Recreation and Community Center, Dulles South Recreation and Community Center and the Round Hill Indoor Aquatics Center. As a member of the department Leadership Team, you will utilize strong management skills to ensure the success of the Recreation Center Division. Establish long and short-term goals for the division and oversee the implementation and attainment of service area program goals. Develop management plans for all areas and provide oversight for large and complex departmental budgets, ensuring that annual expenditures do not exceed allocations and revenue targets are met.
The successful candidate will:
- Demonstrate leadership skills as you actively contribute to the department strategic planning process and oversee implementation of objectives
- Develop and review policies and procedures with key staff and administer implementation within program areas including aquatics, fitness and childcare
- Exhibit strong organizational skills in order to directly supervise three staff in addition to providing advisory and management support
- Provide direct supervision to facility managers and a large number of full time, part time and temporary staff
- Ensure departmental performance evaluation objectives and deadlines are met
- Serve as a community liaison to various advisory groups, committees, and organizations
- Maintain a customer service focus to manage public relations by building and upholding effective relationships with schools, community groups, and County officials to discuss, prevent or resolve issues about programs and facility use
May be required to work after hours and on weekends. Candidate must be able to flex work schedule to accommodate needs of the position. May be subject to on-call 24 hours/day and seven days a week if needed.
Visit our on-line employment center at www.loudoun.gov for more information and to apply. EOE
• Requires any combination of education and experience equivalent to a Master's degree in Leisure/Park Management or related field
• At least 4 years directly related work experience including a minimum of 3 years in a supervisory or management role preferably in a government setting
• Valid Driver's License required
• CPR and First Aid for Adult, Infant and Child required
• CPRP/CPRE and AFO/CPO certification preferred
• Membership in the Virginia Recreation and Park Society, National Recreation and Park Association are beneficial to the position.
Loudoun County Regular Full-time Employees are eligible for full benefits including but not limited to the following as a part of a total rewards package!
• Retirement from the Virginia Retirement System (VRS)
• Annual leave
• Sick leave
• Annual Paid Holidays
• Group Health Plan
• Group Life Insurance
• Exceptional Performance Recognition
• Credit Union Membership
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)