Chesterfield County, Virginia (Richmond-Metro Area), a recognized leader and award-winning local government, is seeking an energetic, collaborative, strategic thinker who can articulate a clear vision on the current and future direction of the growth and development of Parks and Recreation programs and services. The department is comprised of 123 full-time employees, approximately 100 part-time and seasonal employees; and operates and maintains 171 sites and 54 major parks, trails and 6,600 acres of outdoor space with budget of $11.8 million. The Director of Parks and Recreation reports directly to the Deputy County Administrator for Community Operations.
The Director of Parks and Recreation will oversee administration of programs and services, to include:
- establish goals and objectives for the department and be actively involved in all aspects of planning, organizing, managing, and directing parks and recreation programs and activities in the county
- maintain the mission of Chesterfield County Parks and Recreation Department in enhancing the quality of life for citizens and visitors through First Choice recreation opportunities, experiences and partnerships.
- provide a variety of leisure, recreational and sports programs for residents to improve their physical, social and mental well-being
- responsible for the physical assets, revenues, and services of all programs and activities
- work collaboratively with Parks and Recreation Advisory Commission (PRAC) as well as department staff, other county departments, governmental agencies, elected officials and the public
Minimum of ten years of progressively responsible leadership experience in recreational programs and/or parks and facilities in a comparably sized or larger organization, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
Ideal candidate will have excellent leadership and communication skills and proven experience in work¬ing in a multifaceted and diverse government system.
For details, see here: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/chesterfieldco