James City County’s nationally accredited and gold medal award winning Parks & Recreation Department is seeking an individual with outstanding customer service to assist visitors at both locations, the Abram Frink Jr. Community Center as well as the James City County Recreation Center. Position includes nights and weekends. Responsibilities:
- Provides customer service to the public and internal customers in person and over the telephone; provides information and directs patrons to desired areas.
- Completes registrations including payments; verifies cash drawer, closes out register and completes cash balance reports.
- Opens and closes the facility; monitors and oversees the facility activities; maintains the cleanliness of the facility which may include emptying trash cans, picking up litter, cleaning rest rooms, shelters and locker rooms; performs minor repairs and maintenance on equipment, grounds and any facility structures; ensures compliance of facility rules, safety standards and sanitation requirements; inspects facility to help ensure the safe and proper conduct of patrons.
- Assists in the implementation of emergency action plan and responds to emergencies.
- Schedules the use of meeting rooms and coordinates group rentals for paying groups; assists with the setup of tables and chairs, audiovisual equipment as needed.
Any combination of education and experience equivalent to a high school diploma (dependent on assigned location); some work experience which shall have involved assisting the public, general record keeping and handling money.
Depending on area assigned, must possess, or be able to obtain within 30 days of hire, a valid Virginia driver’s license and have an acceptable driving record based on James City County’s criteria.
Must possess, or be able to obtain within sixty (60) days of hire, certification in First Aid and Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) for Professional Rescuers (Infant, Adults, and Child).
Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service including setting and meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction; automated and manual record keeping.
Skill in use of computer software including Microsoft Office Suite.
Ability to communicate with the public and coworkers in an effective, professional, and courteous manner; explain and enforce all policies and rules in an effective manner; operate cash register, general office equipment, word processing equipment and microcomputers as required to accomplish the work assigned; handle money and maintain related fiscal records; maintain moderately complex records; independently apply and carry out policies and procedures within assigned area of responsibility; make mathematical computations with accuracy; follow verbal and written instructions.