Application Deadline: September 16, 2021 at 5pm EST.
Apply online only at: www.charlottesville.gov/jobs
Position may be filled as a Maintenance Specialist I or Maintenance Specialist II, depending on qualifications:
- Specialist I - hiring salary between $15.09 and $17.06 an hour ($31,396.00 to $35,484.80 annually).
- Specialist II - hiring salary between $16.51 and $18.71 an hour ($34,342.77 to $38,916.80 annually).
Starting offer is based on applicable education, experience, and internal equity. This is a full-time, non-exempt, position. The position also provides excellent benefits including 13 paid holidays, paid vacation and sick leave, health insurance options with employer contribution, employer-paid life insurance, City's retirement options, and continuing education/training opportunities.
Position is responsible for the maintenance, construction, or horticultural duties in city athletics fields, facilities and skate park, using tools and operating equipment in connection with the tasks to which assigned; Provides efficient maintenance of athletics fields and grounds at the Skate Park which may include any one or more of the following tasks: Mowing and turf maintenance, dragging and lining athletic fields, leaf blowing, weed eating, and various construction projects. Performs other duties as assigned. May have supervisory duties. Reports to an Operations Specialist III or IV.
- Any combination of education and experience equivalent to high school or vocational school diploma or GED. (If no diploma or GED is obtained, must have a minimum of 2 years of direct work experience in the field.)
- At least six months of experience in a related field.
- Possession of a valid, appropriate, driver's permit issued by the Commonwealth of Virginia, must be eligible to operate a City vehicle (To view our driving eligibility requirements, visit www.charlottesville.gov/faq.aspx?qid=166).
- May require a Class B Commercial Driver's License within six months of employment.
- May be required to obtain Commercial Pesticide Applicator license with Category 3a and 3b within 18 months of hire.
- May require VDOT Flagger certification within 6 months of hire.
- Preference for CPR/First Aid certification.
TO APPLY: to view the complete job information and to apply, visit our employment website listed. Applications are only accepted online through our employment page and must be submitted prior to the listed closing date and time.
The City of Charlottesville is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Values Diversity at All Levels of its Workforce.