Loudoun County Parks, Recreation and Community Services (PRCS) is a team of talented professionals, driven by results and customer relationships, and committed to excellence. The effective delivery of programs and community services can provide social, personal, economic, and environmental benefits to last a lifetime. Be a part of something that matters!
PRCS- Creating Community through People, Parks and Programs
The Department of Parks, Recreation, and Community Services (PRCS) is seeking qualified applicants for a full-time Assistant Director position. The Department provides a wide variety of services for the citizens of Loudoun County including youth and adult sports activities, instructional and interpretive classes, programs for senior citizens, visual and performing arts, childcare, preschool, trips, camps, educational and outreach programs for at-risk youth and individuals with disabilities, facilities planning and development, and special events. Our mission is to provide outstanding recreational and leisure opportunities, outcome-focused community services, and stewardship of our natural resources to promote quality of life for Loudoun’s residents and visitors.
Under the general direction of the PRCS Director, the Assistant Director will provide administrative oversight and direction of staff for . The ideal candidate must understand the dynamics of the populations served and be knowledgeable of trends in community services. Candidate will bring a solid business acumen to the team along with innovative strategies for process and program improvement. As a member of the department Leadership Team, this position contributes to the growth, direction and purpose of the overall department through strong management and demonstrates exemplary leadership skills developed over time in positions of increasing responsibility. Additional duties of the Assistant Director position include:
- Assists in the development, preparation, and update of the strategic plan; formulates and implements policies, programs, and procedures
- Supervises staff, ensures all trainings and/or certifications are current and applicable policies and procedures of the department and of the county are followed
- Supports the development of culture that values and motivates staff and engenders the trust and confidence of the public, the Board of Supervisors, and County leaders
- Coordinates annual budget process
- Monitors expenses of the assigned division to ensure fiscal year budget allocations are maintained
- Manages complex development review and comprehensive planning assignments and projects
- Represents Department at internal and external meetings and conferences
- Ability to translate the vision of leadership into actions for assigned team; and exemplifies and encourages leadership development among staff interdepartmentally
- A proven track record of success in leading and managing teams
- Experience in making presentations to executives and elected officials
- Creative and strategic approaches to problem solving, and an ability to lead a team through complex issues
- Administers and manages contracts with vendors
- May be required to work after hours and on weekends
• 5 years of related work experience
• 2 years in a supervisory or management role; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Valid Driver’s License
Loudoun County Regular Full-time Employees are eligible for full benefits including but not limited to the following as a part of a total rewards package!
• Retirement from the Virginia Retirement System (VRS)
• Annual leave
• Sick leave
• Annual Paid Holidays
• Group Health Plan
• Group Life Insurance
• Exceptional Performance Recognition
• Credit Union Membership
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)