The Water Safety Instructor ($15.04 per hour) duties will include but not be limited to:
- Individual will provide a safe swimming environment
- Provide customer service and enforce rules
- Administer cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- Instruct all levels of American Red Cross Water Safety Programs in accordance with American Red Cross and department standards
- Perform other job duties requiring skills, knowledge and physical requirements as demanded by those duties described or less. Individual assignments will be determined by the supervisor based on then current workloads and department needs.
MINIMUM: Must be at least 16. Must possess valid American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor certification to instruct preschool, adult, and American Red Cross aquatic programs. Possession of a valid American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer/AED or American Red Cross Adult CPR/AED or American Heart Association Heartsaver CPR , Heartsaver AED or Heartsaver First Aid certification. Must satisfactorily complete a departmental skills test prior to employment.
Must be able to work rotating shifts (days/evenings) including weekends and holidays and be available to work overtime when required to meet operational needs.
P&R is dedicated to promoting healthy lifestyles and protecting our environment. We ensure all residents – regardless of their physical, social, and economic circumstances – can access our programs. As a department, we strive to enhance the quality of life for our community by improving the physical and mental well-being of our residents.
Assistance with some certifications
Training/Mentoring for career advancement
Varied Paid Holidays
Paid Time Off
Beach Municipal Federal Credit Union exclusively for City employees and their dependents
Deferred Compensation Plans
Employee Assistance Program
Maternity/Paternity/Parental Care Leave