The Activity Center Leader ($14.25 per hour) duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Supervising part time employees and volunteers.
- Planning, programming and leading age-appropriate activities for 5-12-year olds, to include: games, sports, arts and crafts and special events.
- Provide site supervision for program participants.
- Some location my require additional or qualifications.
- Perform other job duties requiring skills, knowledge and physical requirements as demanded by those duties described or less. Individual assignments will be determined by the supervisor based on then current workloads and department needs.
MINIMUM: High school diploma or GED, at least 21 years old plus six(6) months of related experience as a program leader such as:, youth leader, mentor, camp counselor, teacher/substitute, coach, recreation program leader, church youth leader, scout leader, or child care provider, either in a paid or volunteer capacity or any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
At programs providing direct childcare, convictions of any barrier crime set forth in Virginia Code §63.2-1719 shall be an automatic disqualification for employment in this position.
Some positions may require a current and valid Virginia or North Carolina driver’s license in accordance with Virginia or North Carolina DMV driver’s license eligibility requirements
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS: As a condition of employment, all new employees must have a criminal history record investigation, take a TB Screening, and attend mandatory trainings.
At childcare program locations licensed by the Virginia State Department of Social Services additional qualifications are determined by the current state standards and guidelines.
Must be available to work 5 days a week, Monday – Friday – 2:30pm – 6:15pm. Some weekends and holidays.
P&R is dedicated to promoting healthy lifestyles and protecting our environment. We ensure all residents – regardless of their physical, social, and economic circumstances – can access our programs. As a department, we strive to enhance the quality of life for our community by improving the physical and mental well-being of our residents.
Training/Mentoring for career advancement;
Varied Paid Holidays;
Paid Time Off;
Beach Municipal Federal Credit Union exclusively for City employees and their dependents;
Deferred Compensation Plans;
Employee Assistance Program;
Maternity/Paternity/Parental Care Leave