The Activity Center Assistant Leader ($12.25 per hour) duties will include, but not be limited to:
- Planning, programming and leading age-appropriate activities for 5-12 year olds in a recreation setting
- Supervision of children
- Planning programs includes but is not limited to games, sports, arts and crafts, and special events.
- Assisting the Activity Center Leader with site supervision, discipline and all other aspects of programming;
- Some location may require additional or qualifications
- Perform other job duties requiring skills, knowledge and physical requirements as demanded by those duties described or less. Individual assignments will be determined by the supervisor based on then current workloads and department needs.
High school or GED, 18 years old or older, plus three (3) months or at least 400 hours of related experience in such positions as teacher/substitute, coach, recreation program leader, camp counselor, youth leader, scout leader, or child care provider, either in a paid or volunteer capacity or any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities. At programs providing direct child care, convictions of any barrier crime set forth in Virginia Code 63.2-1719 shall be an automatic disqualification for employment in this position.
Some positions may require a current and valid Virginia or North Carolina driver’s license in accordance with Virginia or North Carolina DMV driver’s license eligibility requirements.
All employees may be expected to work hours in excess of their normally scheduled hours in response to short-term department needs and/or City-wide emergencies.
Must be able to work rotating shifts days, evenings, including weekends and holidays and be available to work overtime when required to meet operational needs, occasionally works evenings or weekends for special events and trainings
At child care program locations licensed by the Virginia State Department of Social Services additional qualifications are determined by the current state standards and guidelines.
As a condition of employment, all new employees must have a criminal history record investigation, take a TB Screening, and attend mandatory trainings.
P&R is dedicated to promoting healthy lifestyles and protecting our environment. We ensure all residents – regardless of their physical, social, and economic circumstances – can access our programs. As a department, we strive to enhance the quality of life for our community by improving the physical and mental well-being of our residents.
Training/Mentoring for career advancement;
Varied Paid Holidays;
Paid Time Off;
Beach Municipal Federal Credit Union exclusively for City employees and their dependents;
Deferred Compensation Plans;
Employee Assistance Program;
Maternity/Paternity/Parental Care Leave