The VRPS 2020 Virtual Annual Conference will be presented October 5-9, 2020. More information will be available in the coming weeks, but here’s a taste of what to expect:
- Keynote address by Kristine Stratton, President & CEO of NRPA
- 12-15 Education Sessions over four days
- Awards Presentation & Business Meeting
- CEUs available for all sessions (pending qualification)
- Sessions will be presented “Live” and Q&A will be encouraged
- Recorded sessions will be available
The registration fee will get each attendee access to every session including CEUs, keynote address and awards presentation.
VRPS Members - $99
Non-Members - $149
Students - $25
More information on sessions details and times will be available soon.
It is with great sadness that I announce that the 2020 VRPS Annual Conference will not be held in Norfolk this fall. Due to the pandemic, the City of Norfolk has been hit with a serious budget crisis. The City of Norfolk Recreation, Parks and Open Space Department have had dramatic cuts to their budget and will be unable to host the conference. Our thoughts and sympathies go out to Director Darrell Crittendon and his dedicated, hard working staff. Norfolk has always hosted an exceptional conference, and we hope that they will have an opportunity to do so again for the near future. My sincere thanks to the conference committee for all their work and all the dedicated VRPS professionals that make me proud to be a member of this society.
Although we will not have a traditional annual conference in Norfolk, we have put together a task force to look at ways that we may offer an education and networking opportunity during the same dates for our members and sponsors. There are a number of possibilities, from virtual learning to hybrid scenarios, that are being considered. Details regarding the alternative meeting opportunity will be forthcoming. We know that there are many departments in the state that are experiencing serious cuts to budgets and workforce; please know that we will help in any way that we can as we all get through this crisis.
Please stay well and take care,
Dan Smith, CPRP
Virginia Parks and Recreation Society
The 2020 VRPS Annual Awards application, recognizing excellence in 2019, will be open 1/1 - 6/30/2020.
- $35/submission 1/1-5/31/2020
- $45/submission 6/1/-6/30/2020
Exhibitors and Sponsors
NEW: Session Proposals can be saved and completed later - there will be a link at the bottom of the submission form page. HOWEVER:
- Speakers must save the link they are provided to use to resume their submission at a later date. VRPS will not have this link!
- The link is good for thirty days.
- Attached files will not be saved within the form until it is submitted.
Submit your Education Session Proposal HERE - submission deadline is 4/15/2020.