Upcoming Events and Meetings
ESA Board Meeting
Thursday, December 12
Old Dominion University
5115 Hampton Blvd
Norfolk, VA 23529
- Increase involvement of current ESA members
- Partner with and participate in more resource groups, projects, and VRPS events.
- Identify localities that have limited to no individuals at meetings and encourage members to attending meetings and activities.
- Increase membership
- Identify strategic ways to increase membership.
- Connect with Universities (Old Dominion University, Virginia Wesleyan University, and Norfolk State University) and provide general information about the benefits of ESA and VRPS.
- Plan a spring and fall social for ESA localities to increase networking.
- Increase communication to new members
- Create an ESA new member welcome packet.
- Create a visual online presence of what we do and have to offer.
- Create a welcome e-mail.
- Increase revenue
- Continue to host Summer Survival.
- Offer a lunch and learn (CEU credits) twice a year.
- Create a municipality tournament.
To broaden and strengthen the knowledge, influence and diversity of the Eastern Service Area through effective communication, continuous partnerships, responsive services, increasing membership and member agency support.
To unite all Eastern Service Area members, professionals, students, and interested parties in the parks, recreation and leisure service field and provide the opportunity for networking, leadership, new and innovative training, education, scholarships and volunteerism, while fulfilling the mission of VRPS.
2019 Board of Directors
Arlana Fauntleroy, MPA, CPRP
Angie Sims, CPRP